Sunday 9 November 2014

Festive Christmas Papercuts

Unique Christmas Papercut Gifts

It’s that time of year again  It always seems to come out of nowhere!  As soon as my daughter’s birthday is out of the way at the end of October, the shops seem to be filled with copious amounts of tinsel, glitter and sparkle, TV is overrun with Christmas adverts and the supermarkets are blasting out Christmas songs!

I'm not complaining, as I love all things Christmas!  But it's a big reminder that I need to make a serious start to my Christmas shopping list.  Especially as I am now 28 weeks pregnant, I feel like I should be more prepared in case the baby decides to put in an early appearance!  (Although fingers crossed it doesn’t, because as much as I love Christmas, I’m not so keen on having a Christmas baby).

So I really should make a start on my Christmas shopping list.  I don't know about you, but I always prefer to buy handcrafted items.  They always feel more personal and they are definitely more unique.  Plus, I prefer to support other crafters and local businesses where I can.  And I know I’m not the only one, as the run up to Christmas is always super busy here at Paper Petal.  Whether it be people wanting our Christmas themed papercuts as a unique addition to decorating their homes for Christmas, or people wanting to have that special unique gift for their loved ones.  We have paper cuts for all ages and interests at Paper Petal.

Snowglobe Merry Christmas papercut


A wonderful Merry Christmas papercut, intricately hand cut with even a glitter ribbon, and a tiny robbin with a sparkling red chest. The snowglobe has the words 'Merry Christmas' surrounded by christmas tree's, snowflakes, a reindeer, snowman and snow house, along with two penguins together under mistletoe.


Festive Voyage


This festive papercutting design encompasses 2 cute robins pecking under the mistletoe which hangs from a christmas tree on a boat accompanied by a owl and captained by a cute squirrel. Red glitter is added to the baubles, holly and robbins belly to add even more magic to the scene.

Believe miniature papercut

Believe in Christmas Papercut

This cute and tiny papercut design holds the word 'believe' with a swoosh of stars beneath. The believe papercut is intricatley handmade and floats over a shimmer blue (or glitter red) background.

Santa's sleigh ride in the moonlight papercut

Father Christmas riding reindeer in the moonlight christmas papercutting

This beautiful unique hand cut design is made up of multiple pieces of paper to create a magical christmas papercut scene of Santa's sleigh being pulled by his reindeer. Loveable Rudolph is at the front of the sleigh, leading the journey with his shining red nose. The background is a shimmer blue to add to the magic.

Let it snow papercut

Let it snow christmas papercut
A Traditional, yet modern papercut design at the same time! We created this let it snow papercut listening to the song (it's a favourite in our home).

Reindeer winter wonderland Papercut

Reindeer winter wonderland papercut

This classic ‘Winter Wonderland’ papercut design, is ideal for those who want a more subtle Christmas theme. An ideal gift, the beautiful reindeer snow scene was inspired by a family trip to Tattenpark, wearing our wide wellies and playing in the snow.


The above framed papercuts are available in our Paper Petal shop, or we welcome custom design requests if you would like to contact us on our craft website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment